Saturday, April 30, 2016
The link with detailed instructions: http://frugalfun4boys.com/2015/08/25/pipe-cleaner-dragons/. Caution: this craft does call for hot glue guns and scissors, please be careful with these around small children.
Friday, April 22, 2016
Here is the link with detailed instructions: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/02/how-to-mix-chalkboard-paint-in-any-color.html#. The text formatting is a little bit off, but there are plenty of photos along the way for you to get the idea of how to do this craft. Enjoy!
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Have your child cut out and gather images or pictures from their favorite magazines and paste them onto blank construction paper. Then they fill the rest of the page with images or scenery they make-up. Here is the link with detailed instructions: http://artfulparent.com/2015/01/drawing-prompts-for-kids-with-magazine-pictures.html. Enjoy!
Friday, April 8, 2016
Here is the link with full instructions: http://www.thecrafttrain.com/1/post/2015/11/woven-craft-stick-butterflies.html.
Saturday, April 2, 2016
Here is a brief description of how to do it:
1. Grab a spare (clean) Styrofoam tray and cut out a rectangle.
2. Using non-brush-end of a smaller paintbrush (or dull pencil) draw your picture on the tray.
HINT: when writing names or words WRITE THEM BACKWARDS, because the child's name will be backwards if you write it the right way (mirror effect).
3. When your drawing is done, roll a brayer in paint so that it is completely covered. Then roll the brayer on the tray, completely covering that too.
4. Take the paint-covered-tray and put it face down on construction paper. Press or rub it so that way the paint spreads evenly.
5. Remove the tray and voilà! You have just made your first Printmaking painting!
So much fun, and you can do it repeatedly. Also, use primary colors (red, yellow, blue) so you can mix other colors too or just overlap the colors! Oh, and do not forget to lay down newspaper for an easy clean up. Enjoy!
Friday, March 25, 2016
Although I do strongly advise that puppies should not be allowed to take part in this craft, they might mistake it for being edible. Those silly pooches!
The link for detailed instructions: http://www.the36thavenue.com/how-to-make-a-bouncy-ball/. Enjoy!
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Here is a bright and colorful craft reminiscent of Spring that the kids can easily do: Puffy Paint! They can take turns adding, mixing, and making the paint.
Here is the link with detailed instructions: http://onelittleproject.com/how-to-make-puffy-paint/. Enjoy!