Friday, March 16, 2012

Robins in the Children's Room!

I saw a flock of robins the other day, so it seemed like the right time to start putting up our spring decorations!  While we were looking through all our old decorations we found some construction paper robins that I'd made a long time ago.  They were pretty faded and and a little crumpled, so I took one apart to make templates, and we made a bunch of new ones. The old robins were made from brown and red construction paper, but I wanted to make the new ones in more authentic colors so I  made some custom paper by painting construction paper with acrylic paints.  If you don't want to go to all that trouble, solid color scrap-booking paper comes in all sorts of colors and is a good weight for this project.   If you'd like to make your own, the directions and templates are here.  Next I'm going to try making a standing robin with paperclip legs....

No comments: