Saturday, December 12, 2015

Christmas Trees!

Good Morning! Are you and your  little ones feeling the holiday spirit yet? I am!

With that in mind, have the kids try to make Christmas trees from pine cones as decorations, ornaments, or gifts. We actually did a different pine cone craft here last weekend, people made snowy owls. You can check that out here if you missed it: https://artexperiencesfortots.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/this-is-a-craft-snowy-owl/. They are really cute, and my sister hates that my mom loves them. Crafty sister for the win!

The Christmas trees are a bit of a process, because you need to wait for the paint and Plaster of Paris to dry before you can glue on the beads. Otherwise, this is a neat craft that they can decorate any way that they want. I am excited to make some of my own later, I cannot remember the last time I used Plaster of Paris if at all. Here is the link with detailed instructions: http://elementaryartfun.blogspot.ie/2012/12/making-trees.html. Have fun, see you next week!

No comments: